Saturday 30 October 2010

Strawberry Cheesecake

Since a Banana Flan disaster in year 9 Food Economics (in which, as a vegan, I was definitely not the teacher's pet), I have not attempted a tofu-based dessert.  Given that this was 14 years ago and I have since been fed a decent vegan cheesecake, I decided it was time to  give tofu another chance for sweets, and attempt a strawberry cheesecake.

I tried out an online recipe for a plain cheesecake, however to the blender I added about 10 strawberries to make the topping taste of strawberry and look pink rather than white.  As this would increase the water content I missed out the soya milk to make sure it didn't come out too sloppy.  For the base I used 250g co-op digestives and some melted vitalite.  Shoved the base in the oven for a few minutes before adding the topping and cooking for about 45mins.  Recipe came out pretty good - I'd cook the base for a bit longer next time to make sure it was nice and crunchy.


No comments:

Post a Comment