Monday 6 December 2010

Carrot Cake

I decided to use up the carrots I'd had sitting in my salad drawer for some time, and what better way than to make cupcakes?


I used the Carrot Cake recipe from VCTOTW with no substitutions.  


This recipe also has raisins and walnuts, and is flavoured with cinnamon, so isn't quite what I'd call a carrot cake.   It's more of a spice, fruit and nut cake.  They turned out tasty but slightly confusing texture-wise.  I might omit the walnuts next time.







I was recently given a flower nail and a rose petal nozzle as an early Christmas gift by Sour Cherry , so I excitedly tried making flowers using orange butter cream.  However, I again failed to make icing of the right consistency for piping so my flowers quickly sank.  One day I will get this licked.  It may take me several more batches of cupcakes to get there...

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! A big cake covered in those little roses would look really good too. Going to have a go at this tomorrow too - piping bag at the ready!

    ReplyDelete