Thursday 25 August 2011

Marble Cake


I have been both lazy and busy of late and have not done any cooking to speak of.  Dinners round ours are too often of the premade variety.  However, a recent expedition to Morocco and a 5-day hospital stay there resulted in my losing some weight. There was only one thing for it: cake.

So I decided to try a new recipe from the VCTOTW book: Marble cakes.  The recipe calls for you to make some vanilla batter, then add some cocoa to half of it.  You then have to spoon both chocolate and vanilla batter into the cupcake cases in the same time, half and half.  Luckily I recruited a cake-eating friend to help with this bit.  You then use a cocktail stick to swirl the batters together a bit.

Result:  pretty cakes.  The vanilla component had a delicious flavour and a light fluffy texture.  However, the chocolate bits were weighed down by the cocoa and were too dense for my liking.







They were still damn tasty and disappeared very quickly....  




...and as a result I've gained back a couple of those pounds...

I am now thinking about coming up with a raspberry swirl variety....watch this space.


No comments:

Post a Comment